Sunday, February 13, 2011

about to cross the line

Over the last two weeks, I've been pretty quiet on this blog. My in-laws have been in town, and I've just been maintaining - not continuing to make progress, but not doing damage. At first, I considered this a success of sorts. But then my Dad, who is also my virtual weight-loss buddy, had this simple line in his email, "everyone supports you losing weight. It's great that you are maintaining, but we've got work to do!"

Simple as that, and as true as the day is long. (I know that's not the saying, but I've made a change, ok?)

So I've been trying to make progress again the last few days, really hard, to get downward movement on the scale. Otherwise, all this running I'm doing is being wasted on simply maintaining my weight with the extra indulgences I've been having. There will be times where I have genuine plateaus, but this is not one of them.

While my next 'goal' is of course my next 5 lbs goal, a little unofficial, but nonetheless exciting goal for me is breaking into the 160s. Over the past two years, I've occasionally lost 5-8 lbs or so on various diets, but I never got into the 160s. I got into them before my wedding on weight watchers, but gained it all back after.


Needless to say, crossing this line will be hugely exciting for me, even if its not one of my weight goals.

Over the last week, I gained a lb, then lost it, then dropped to 170.8. Then today, my official weigh in day, I was 170.2... That's just so close it hurts! I'm still happy with more downward movement, but any day now, I expect to break that barrier.

You will know when I do, you'll probably hear me jumping up and down and dancing naked in my bathroom, halfway around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment