Thursday, January 6, 2011

Friday January 7, 2011

I've already realized its not enough for me to just blog about my journey toward meeting my goals, I actually need to hold myself publicly accountable.

So I'm going to post my daily food and exercise diary.

Exercise
34 mins total (20 mins run/walk intervals - week2 couch to 5K plan)

Breakfast (about 300 calories total)
(unfortunately woke up at 4am a bit jetlagged, so had two breakfasts....)
  • 1/3c fresh papaya
  • 2 cups of coffee with skim
  • mila with 98.9% ff plain yogurt, 1T fresh passion fruit, 1 handful of blueberries

Mila is an extremely low cal, hi-fiber seed. One scoop (which makes a small bowl) is 70cal

Mid morning snack (er, at 9:30 am given my early morning)
  • 3 fresh steamed pork & vegie dumplings

Lunch (guessing around 450 cals)
  • small bowl of leftover couscous and salad, with 1 strip leftover grilled salmon
  • small, homemade turkey sandwich on wholegrain bread, with vegies and dijonaise

My leftover couscous and 1 strip of salmon wasn't enough for a whole meal, but was probably too filling to be a side? Oh well, will compensate with lighter dinner.

Afternoon snack - approx 100 cal
  • diet coke
  • 1 chicken wing (why? because they were cooked fresh in the kitchen in a yummy sauce. This my friends, is actually what spurred me to do the diary. Because that was mindless eating, eating it because I was offered it and I wasn't even hungry. I was in there to get more water).

Dinner - around 380 cal
2 skinless chicken wings
1/4 cup white rice
1/3 cup chinese spinach
1 square of 70% dark chocolate

Total calories roughly 1430... not awesome!

I have to say today was very hindered by being hungry all day due to my day starting so early. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment