Thursday, January 27, 2011

out on the town

Last night a friend from Beijing was visiting, and it was so fun to see her. I had the best friends in Beijing, that were like family. Even better was a girls dinner that I went to monthly, and it was like free therapy. We would meet at a restaurant, have drinks and dinner, and dish. We called ourself the fab five - and all of us were varying degrees of working moms, career women and expats.

Having said friend in town was such a treat for me, and of course, we went out to dinner!

We went to a fab restaurant and I had looked up the menu online and planned what fish I was going to have in advance. I knew we would likely have an appetizer and drinks, so I was super cautious about calories during the day so I had some to spare for dinner. In fact, by dinner time I had only had about 435 calories.

She picked the starter and it was crab and artichoke dip, not healthy but this is life. And we have to control ourselves in it instead of avoiding it all together. So I had about 2T, plus some chips. Well that works out to about 300 calories right there! Add in the wine and my calorie count got pretty high, but not too bad. Planning for it the rest of the day really helped, and I'm pleased to say I didn't gain...

Here is what yesterday looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment