Saturday, January 8, 2011

pan seared red snapper

Here is the recipe for the super easy pan seared red snapper I made for dinner last night. I got it online, it's literally the first recipe that comes up if you google 'snapper recipe' and is via Allrecipes.

I cut down on the oil, I also don't have ground ginger in the house so I used shredded fresh ginger. I also couldn't find rice wine vinegar in Asia, so have substituted with rice vinegar, which is Chinese and stronger, so I just put less in the marinade. It still turned out great!

What I love about this recipe is that you don't have to plan ahead. You don't have to marinate for ages, etc. Although, yesterday (my second time making it), I did leave the fish to sit in the marinate for about 30 mins only because my family wasn't quite ready for dinner. I doubled the recipe for 4.

Bon appetit!

Pan Seared Red Snapper

Ingredients

  • 2 (4 ounce) fillets red snapper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

  1. Rinse snapper under cold water, and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, mustard, honey, green onions, and ginger.
  2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip snapper fillets in marinade to coat both sides, and place in skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Pour remaining marinade into skillet. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Nutritional Information

The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.

Amount Per Serving Calories: 224 | Total Fat: 8.5g | Cholesterol: 41mg

Cooking my red snapper, yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment